Will it be?
Can it be?
Shall it be?
Possible to blog every day during the month of October?
This is the challenge of Blogtoberfest.
All I can really see is impediment after impediment –
- I work full time and am not home between the hours of 7.30am and 5.30pm every day of the week.
- I have a husband who I like to take care of. Call me old fashioned, but I love cooking for him, picking up his dry cleaning, spending quality time, listening to him as he debriefs after a harrowing day at the office and I like to make sure all his work shirts are clean and ready to go at the beginning of each week (that’s after he’s ironed them, of course!).
- I never have time for blogging.
- The house where we spend many of our weekends has no internet connection.
- My friends and family need me.
- There will be unforseen problems.
- What about yoga on Wednesday nights?
- What about our fortnightly ‘home group’?
- Shouldn’t I be out in the sunshine, exercising, dosing up on vitamin D?
- It will be a waste of time.
- There will be nothing to talk about on a daily basis.
- I will have to carry my camera with me where ever I go – will have to find things, interesting things to photograph. Otherwise the blog will be dull and boring. No one likes just words.
- I might not be in the mood.
- People will think I’m crazy.
- I am crazy.
- I’m just not cut out to be a blogger.
OK. Do you get the gist?
The short answer to all of this is hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…..
A challenge is a challenge is a challenge. I’m going to say ‘yes’ to taking that challenge. Why? Because number one, I do like a challenge (note I did not say ‘love’). Number two is because there is an intangible ‘something’ about belonging to the blog world. I want to ‘belong’. There is no lonliness in blog world. Someone is always out there listening to you (with their eyes?), and number three, I think it will be FUN!
So, without further ado, I will (tomorrow), launch our blog into BLOGTOBERFEST, hosted by Tinniegirl.
I’m already beginning to panic. I don’t have my camera. We’re off to the Royal Show after work. I won’t have any photos for tomorrow. I won’t have time. We’re going to our no-internet house Friday after work. Talk about a worrier.
Perhaps this isn’t a forum for voicing our religious ‘beliefs’ but I really want to share something that is written in the bible about worrying. You will be blown away because lots of people think this is some whimsical saying you find in your box of ‘daily affirmation’ cards. You pull a card out each morning, read the affirmation and troop off out the door, ready to face the world because you have read:
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
It’s from Matthew 6:34. It’s amazing how many little, biblical affirmations have found their way into our everyday vocabulary, without people even realising they are quoted from the bible. Ha! I think I’ve just come up with a bit of a theme for October.
A DAILY AFFIRMATION!
So here we go! Blogtoberfest! I’m not worried!